Redcliffe Tennis Centre…. For everybody!
Redcliffe Tennis Centre is a first class facility but we aim to make tennis available to everybody. Come down and enjoy the friendly atmosphere and a game of tennis. We look forward to seeing you!
Focus Tennis Academy aims to have an environment where students strive to achieve in an atmosphere of fitness and fun. We have the desire to improve student-learning outcomes in tennis while influencing students’ attitudes and behaviours by demonstrating an understanding and appreciation of the importance of physical activity combined with a healthy lifestyle.
The coaches of Focus Tennis Academy believe tennis coaching is a profession that can influence students’ lives. We are able to witness students improve and grasp new concepts. Each challenge can bring a new reward for the student, parents and coach. The coaches of Focus Tennis Academy believe that they are positive role models who lead an active and healthy lifestyle that inspires students to learn.
Our Coaching Team
The Focus Tennis Academy coaches are friendly and highly skilled and qualified. They are passionate about helping people reach their full tennis potential whilst having fun and developing a love of the game. All our coaches have an Australian Government issued Blue Card.
- Director and Founder of Focus Tennis Academy
- Tennis Australia Club Professional Level 2 Coach
- Has over 20 years’ experience working under some of Australia’s leading tennis coaches.
- Former coach at the John Newcombe International Tennis Academy in Texas USA, where he has experience developing ITF ranked junior players.
- Was coached and mentored by Chris Lewis from New Zealand who was a Wimbledon finalist and his brother Mark Lewis who coached Michael Stich, a Wimbledon singles champion.
- Hitting partner Pat Rafter 1997/1998 & Ryan Harrison (top 100 ATP tour player)
- Coached Lizette Cabrera currently world number 192
- Playing on Australian Seniors Tour 2016 Ranked 7 in the World and Number 1 in Australia 35 Years Category (Australian Captain)
- Started playing tennis at 4 years of age
- Was internationally ranked as a junior in both singles and doubles
- Was Queensland’s number one men’s singles and doubles player who played at the Australian Open Juniors in 1998.
- Top 5 Australian Junior
- Winner of numerous Australian, European and New Zealand Money Tournaments
GARETH WARRILOW – Asst. Coach/Director of EON Holistic Fitness
- Coach at Redcliffe Tennis Centre (2014-current)
- Level 2 Advanced Pro Coach ATPCA (Australian Tennis Professional Coaching Association)
- Currently completing High Performance Coaching Qualification with the USPTA/PTR (United States Professional Tennis Association)
- Certified Recreational Coach with the USPTA
- Nationally Ranked “over 35” player
- Runner Up Toowoomba District Veterans Championships 2016
- Top 8 Finish in the 2014 Pan Pacific Masters Games
- Top 3 Finish at the 2013 Bundaberg Masters
- Member of USPTA/ATPCA/TQ
EON Holistic Fitness:
- Internationally Accredited Tennis Performance Trainer (TPT) with the ITPA (International Tennis Performance Association)
- Worked with Internationally/Nationally ranked professional tennis players
- Internationally Accredited Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor
- Internationally Accredited Sports Nutrition Advisor
- Diploma in Clinical Nutrition (OA Dip Natural Therapies)
DREW STOKES – Asst. Coach/Pro Shop Assistant
- Focus Tennis Academy Coach (2016 – current)
- Completed Tennis Australia Community Coaching Course (2016)
- Football Australia Grassroots Football Certificate (2016)
- St Patrick’s College Year 7 Tennis and Football Coach (2016)
- Junior Development Player at Newton Heath Tennis Centre (1993-2001) competing in Super League Fixtures (Division 1) and Junior Tournaments
- Youth Premier Football Academy and North Star/Brisbane Strikers Junior and Senior player, including Football tours to the UK and interstate
- Queensland Indoor Football Representative
- Played Youth Football alongside Australian International Representatives Robbie Kruse and Michael Zullo
CHRIS VENTURA – Junior Development Coach/Pro Shop Assistant
- Coached at Redcliffe Tennis Centre (2015 – current)
- Completed Tennis Australia Level 1 Junior Development Coaching Course (2015)
- Achieved Certificate III and IV in Fitness (2014)
- Currently completing Tennis Australia Club Professional Level 2 Coach
- Catholic Schools Tennis Competition Quarterfinalist (2010-2013)
- Dynamic One Saturday morning fixtures winner (2011 & 2012)
- Metropolitan Junior Development Series U/14 Doubles winner & Singles 5th place (2010)
- Metropolitan Junior Development Series U/15 Doubles runner-up & Singles 4th place (2011)
- Southern Cross Scarborough Senior School Tennis Team Captain (2012 – 2013)
Kindred Real Estate
Jones and Co. Hair Salons
Moreton Bay Regional Council
Redcliffe Leagues Club
The Body Specialist